Has anyone kept ducks in a suburban back yard?

TubbyChicken

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Kentucky
I don't want to give my sweet little duckies away. I'm completely smitten. Is it doable? I have a currently unused coop that has access to a large run (which I could make even larger).

They would have to share the run space with the chickens and this would curtail my ability to acquire more chickens. LOL

So...is it plausible? How loud would 2 ducks be?

Quote:
I love that site! Thanks for linking it here, it's been a while since I've read about them.

I love it too
smile.png
They are such an inspiration!!

Right now I have a Pekin and a Mallard. I'd love to keep them both, but after doing some reading I think I may get another Pekin and HOPE that the mallard works out.

My neighbors have been pretty accepting of the chooks thus far, I would love to keep just a couple ducks as well.

I can't believe how cute and sweet they are.

I have 3 adult ducks in my back yard right now. My entire lot is only 7200sq ft. I have 2 babies in the brooder and 4 eggs in the incubator. 5 ducks total is about all I think the yard can handle, so the ducklings in the bator will go up for sale.

I intend on having 7 ducks in my small suburban back yard. But I also have currently one dog, two cats, 19 bunnies, 23 meat chickens, and the 10 ducks in the garage. I figure the cat and dog can stay. All but 4 for the bunnies will volenter for freezer camp along with all the meaties and three of the ducks. That leaves 7 ducks in my Mosquito Abatement program.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I have 3 ducks, 2 Pekins, 1 male, 1 female and 1 crested male. I have no problem with them, and I live in the city. I keep a kiddie pool for them filled at all times, and they are quite happy!! They live with my chickens. the only problem I have is that the drakes won't leave some of my girls alone. I keep telling him they are not your species!
lau.gif
I think that you'd be happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom