Has anyone NEVER eaten one of their chickens eggs?

AussieSharon

Songster
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Virginia
We haven't.
lol.png

I have no idea if they are super delicious or what they even look like cracked open. So far all the eggs my girls have laid ( which isn't a huge amount ) have been incubated or sold to others as hatching eggs.

Maybe one day I'll get to try one instead of buying them at the store.

Oooooh, treat yourself! Surely you can spare one or two to cook.... and eat with toast. Yum!

(I've only had one of mine... there are four of us and she just started laying a week and a half ago).

Honestly, I hate eggs. I love my chickens and I love collecting my eggs and I love selling them, but eating them - I draw the line. My DH and boys love them fried, scrambled, deviled, and boiled. I've never enjoyed eating them as a child either. I do eat them in all my baked goods though.....

Quote:
You are SOOOOOOO depriving yourself of a good thing!

I even eat my SHOW BIRDS eggs in the off season!!!

You've really got to give in a try them! It took me a while of getting used to the thought of eating fresh eggs when I first got chickens. I remember the first time I cooked one, I nibbled at it thinking it was going to taste any different from a store bought egg.

NOW I REFUSE TO BUY EGGS AT THE STORE!!! Fresh eggs are AWESOMELY good!!

Quote:
LCRT,

REALLY? They are soooo good though!!!

Not that you have to share, but whats your reason for NOT eating them? I'm just curious I guess. I just can't imagin anyone NOT eating their eggs, but of course I guess thats because I like them so much.

I've never eaten one of my chickens eggs. Actually I haven't eaten ANY eggs in over 6 years. I haven't even cracked one open yet, I keep meaning to, and cooking it up and feeding it to the hens.

But my family and friends say the eggs are great. So I'll their word for it.

Back
Top Bottom