Has anyone NEVER eaten one of their chickens eggs?

Quote:
LCRT,

REALLY? They are soooo good though!!!

Not that you have to share, but whats your reason for NOT eating them? I'm just curious I guess. I just can't imagin anyone NOT eating their eggs, but of course I guess thats because I like them so much.

Not sure of an answer here. At first I was worried about salmonella. So I got the chooks tested. All passed. So I fried one, but couldn't bring myself to eat this bright orange blob. Then I hard boiled one. But still couldn't eat it.

My excuse these days is that I can sell them for $20-$30 each when I decorate them with polymer clay. LOL

I've sold almost 1,000 art eggs the last few years for a profit of almost $25,000.

Eating seems like taking money out of my wallet at this point.

What I want to point out to those that are still buying theirs from the store: have you seen the post on this site where a poster got her pullet from a BIG dairy> Debeaked, filed off, looks like lips. This is what they do to factory chickens. Would you not rather eat eggs from your own, well taken care of girls, than buy from a factory that files the only defense a chicken has right off of them?

Yeah, I know - git off yer soapbox. Just thought I would point that out.

I did stop and think about eggs a little differently after hatching chicks. I can see why some would have issue eating eggs from their own flock. But logic won out and I know that eating store bought eggs is doing much more harm to the chicken than eating eggs from my own (whenever they decide to start laying). For that reason I will stop eating eggs before I eat store bought over the ones my own chickens lay (whenever they decide to start laying).

We've only collected about 125 eggs so far, but I haven't eaten any yet. I have used them for baking and cooking, but no plain scrambled, boiled or over-easy yet.

For those who don't eat them becasue they just don't like eggs, try them.
smile.png
I was never an egg person....just did not like the taste. I LOVE the ones from my own chickens now.
smile.png
They really taste so much different.
smile.png

Quote:
In my person pages I have a couple things on de beaking as well at battery cages. If you are eating egg why not eat your own.

I don't eat eggs so I guess I shouldn't talk though
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom