Has anyone ordered chcks from Whelp Hatchery?

SED

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
North West Alabama
I just ordered 50 chicks from Whelp so I am hoping that they are a good hatchery. Are they as good (or better than) Murray McMurray? Just curious. Thanks

yes they are very goood hacthery
we use them all the time and there shipping is free so the price of the chick's is what you pay for not the shipping and are top quality chick's as we ordered 25 chick's and all lived and sold every single one and everyone was pleasently surprised at the older birds.

I bought chicks locally from folks that originally ordered them from whelp. I am no expert but they are beautiful. My Salmon faverolles all have good toes and nice beards.

I ordered 25 from Whelp and got them within 5 days of order. One I think was damaged in the shipping, but was still alive on arrival. (It subsequently died, but I do not blame Whelp or the PO for that. Just bad luck I think.) It's neck was craned backwards and it kept trying to rest the top of it's head on it's own back, and then would wobble and fall over. I think it might have been broken. I contacted Welp a few days later (chicks came on Friday afternoon, so I called Welp Monday morning), and they credited me back for the one chick, even though they didn't have to do it.

My chicks arrived in amazing health and were vigorous right out of the box. They drank right away, and ate within hours. All survived (except the one with the messed up neck mentioned earlier). They will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and are growing at a nice pace. I'm amazed how quickly they put on their feathers.

I was so impressed with Whelp. If I ordered from a hatchery again, they would be my first choice. They always answer the phone on the first or second ring, you always get a person, and the one who answers the phone can always help you too.

Good luck with your chicks. I'm sure you will enjoy them!

I have not just ordered several times but I also have ordered several different breeds of their chicks. The first reason I decided to order from them, straight up was the fact of free shipping, that meant each chick cost me less money and in these times every little bit helps.

I am getting ready to start getting my wish list together again this year I am going for three new breeds to put with the other 5 kinds that I have.....I know I have it bad but the Whelp Hatchery makes it so easy and they guarantee the arrival of the chicks being alive. Living in Oregon, I can order them...they ship them on Wednesday and I can pick up my new babies at 8:00 am at the Post Office, I just
2665.png
it! You will
2665.png
it also.

Back
Top Bottom