has anyone ordered day olds online to be shipped?

orlandoluv1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
spring valley , CA
like i said i want to give my chick some company. has anyone ordered day olds online and if so from where. most of the places ive seen you need to order 25 or more. i dont need that many. i just want like 5. any suggestions? none of my feed stores around here have any.

Meyer hatchery has a small order program and i ordered from them last fall. We ordered 7 pullets, they sent 8 and the extra was of the same gender and breed of what we ordered (no 'males for warmth' like Ideal does) . we're in NC and got them the next morning (Tues) after they were shipped out on Monday.

www.meyerhatchery.com

Be prepared to spend more for shipping than for the chicks though...

Try looking for a local hatchery... you could be able to pick up live chicks. Seems to me there was one or two farms out 94 East towards Jamul.
Or, Craigslist... I've gotten some wonderful hens from people that are moving and can't take their birds with them. We have a bunch of chicks posted in our local Craigslist...

Last edited:
I agree with Mrs.AK-I found a really nice hatchery only 20 miles away from me, and he had much lower minimums if I picked them up.

Back
Top Bottom