Has anyone ordered from My Pet Chicken Hatchery?

BookWorm243

Songster
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Franklin, NC
I am going to order from MPC and I was wanting to hear from other people that have ordered from them and what you thought of them. Also if you could post some pics of what you got. I am ordering 6 Polish, 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte and 1 Partridge Cochin. I you have ordered any of these I would love to see what they look like.
smile.png

Thanks

I ordered from MPC back in march, I ordered 3 red sexlinks, 1 silver laced wydotte, 2 delawares and 3 EE's! I was very happy with my ordered and now have beautiful laying hens. Good luck, I would recommend MPC and I would order from them again.

silver laced wydotte!
DSCF7135.jpg

One of my Delawares, you can aslo see one of my red sex links in the background!
DSCF7126.jpg

This is one of my EE's she's one of my favorites.
DSCF7133.jpg

There is a thread on My Pet Chicken every other week or so. Use the search command on the blue toolbar above and you will find all sorts of great information. That's probably faster than waiting on people to respond.
smile.png

(My original lot were from there and they have done great. MPC had great customer service.)

Here is a link to my page so you can see pictures of the Chickens I ordered from MPC - they arrived May 18th and all are doing great. You will note from reading my page that of the eight sexed hens I ordered, three of them turned out to be roosters. Two of the four Silkies were roosters and my Easter Egger that was going to lay the blue and green eggs is one gorgeous big rooster.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=48497

If you get to my page above you can also read happytails that I wrote about one of my roosters needing stitches and surviving.

I ordered about 25 chicks. An assortment of 4 different breeds: Star, Leghorn, Welsummer, & Australorp.
I wan not impressed. All are growing at different rates (chicks of the same breed), and slowly overall. Several I had to cull because they didn't grow hardly at all.
We got them at the same time we hatched about 50 chick. You can easily notice which are from their hatchery.
I would not order from them again.

Last edited:
I ordered from MPC this past July, and am completely satisfied. When I was researching about raising chicks, I kept reading information that said to expect to loose a chick or two, and on how sexing is only accurate 90% of the time at best. Keeping this in mind, I ordered 8 chicks instead of the 6 I was originally considering. Well MPC showed me. All 8 chicks turned out to be female and completely happy, healthy little buggers!

Here is a picture of Sophie, our Silver Laced Wyandotte.
47159_sophie14wk_stare.jpg

Here are all the girls on their roost.
47159_girls_on_roost_7.jpg

I ordered 8 various wyandotte peeps. Their hatch date was 5/2/2011. I am happy to say at nearly 2 wks they are doing GREAT! Not overly sure just yet if I have the 2 roos I ordered in red laced blues, but the quality is exceptional, and I was very impressed at how healthy and alert they were when unboxed! I ordered from another hatchery, which I won't name, as maybe it was the time of year I ordered...but I did not receive the correct # of peeps in one breed and lost 4 in less than 12 hrs and the others were touch and go for several days....HOWEVER the ones from MyPetchicken are still doing great and I woud recommend this hatchery!!!

Back
Top Bottom