has anyone recvd more chicks than they ordered from McMurray?

daisy40258

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 11, 2007
We ordered 25 chicks from McMurray - we got the bonus chick and somehow recvd 28 total.....has that ever happened to anyone??!!!
clap.gif

Yup, I got the same thing... I ordered my 25, +my free rare and unusual, plus I got 2 extras thrown in "for warmth". Keep in mind that the extras are roos...

that is common -- not so bad when you order 25 and get 28 worse when you order ten and get 25
the "extras" we call packing peanuts and are usually male - "males added for warmth"
what I have alwasy wondered is if they can sex males to add as extras for Bantams why do they only sell St.Run ???

I ordered 32 this Spring and ended up with 50!!! They sent me 16 red star males for warmth...plus an extra australorp and buff orpington. It created a bit of havoc for a few days because my brooder was too small.
I gave away the extra boys (saved 3) at about 10 weeks to a local hobbyist.

I ordered 25 "Rainbow Layers" from MM. They were delivered the first week of March. The US was having very, very cold weather at the time and they sent me 30 chicks. 2 were DOA and I lost 4 more within 48 hours.

Since this was my first experience with chickens, I knew there would be a certain mortality rate. I thought I would end up with about 10-15 chickens in the end. Well, I've got 24 healthy chickens running around! 2 are roosters. One is a white polish and the other, a splash andalusian that I am trying to give away because he has become aggressive and mean.

I didn't get any takers on BYC to take Roo, and I hesitate posting on Craigslist. I'm sure there are many good peopleon Craigslist, but I don't want an animal abuser to get him. What to do?? Sorry I got off the topic.....
cool.png

I am so glad that I am not the only one!! We have to wait until they are all sleeping to get an accurate count and my husband thinks I am just counting wrong! ha ha!! Well that is fun! I will have to wait to see who the extras are! Very exciting! Thanks for the support!!
wee.gif

I order 25 from the rare and very rare categories. I received a total of 27 chicks. One died so I ended up with the 26 I should have received.

Kim

Back
Top Bottom