Has anyone seen this? loaded 2 videos hopefully

Bumblewood

Chirping
7 Years
May 15, 2016
Video #1

Video #2

Started yesterday. Girls were out free ranging and I noticed Cinco just standing and not foraging. Her beak was open, trouble breathing?? I separated her from the flock and removed food. I can feel any bulges on her neck area. Thought maybe sour crop? She was born in January, so too young to be egg bound ?

Added nutra drench and flock fixer to her water. Also been doing water diluted with apple cider vinegar with a syringe.
Calling the vet in the morning.

Karen

Video #1

Video #2

Started yesterday. Girls were out free ranging and I noticed Cinco just standing and not foraging. Her beak was open, trouble breathing?? I separated her from the flock and removed food. I can not feel any bulges on her neck area. Thought maybe sour crop? She was born in January, so too young to be egg bound ?

Added nutra drench and flock fixer to her water. Also been doing water diluted with apple cider vinegar with a syringe.
Calling the vet in the morning.

Karen

It looks like she is adjusting her crop in the first video. Can you offer her some water, and get her drinking? Does her crop feel full, firm, doughy, or soft and puffy, or it is empty? Can you check her crop first thing at daylight tomorrow, to see if it has emptied overnight? What are you feeding? Does she have granite poultry grit for her gizzard to work? Hopefully, she doesn’t have an impacted crop.

It looks like she is adjusting her crop in the first video. Can you offer her some water, and get her drinking? Does her crop feel full, firm, doughy, or soft and puffy, or it is empty? Can you check her crop first thing at daylight tomorrow, to see if it has emptied overnight? What are you feeding? Does she have granite poultry grit for her gizzard to work? Hopefully, she doesn’t have an impacted crop.
I made her warm mash with pellets and grit. She didn’t eat that. I gave her watermelon with coconut oil on it. She ate that. She is drinking on her own. Crop feels like water ballon, can’t find a hard mass. The gulping movement is constant.

A large puffy crop sounds like she is developing a sour crop. Does she have a sour or bad odor from her beak? Let her drink what she wants, but I would stick to mushy feed or egg for now. A little plain yogurt is good too. Miconazole cream (Monistat) can be given orally for sour crop. Here is a good article to read about treatments for crop disorders:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom