Has anyone silked a nonmolting longtail?

Ringcraft

Chirping
Oct 13, 2020
I'd be very interested to see what happens with this combination. I can assume what would happen but sometimes you just don't know until the animal is in front of you. I have the "ingredients" for this experiment but as with all things chicken, nothing is fast and time is money.

I'd be very interested to see what happens with this combination. I can assume what would happen but sometimes you just don't know until the animal is in front of you. I have the "ingredients" for this experiment but as with all things chicken, nothing is fast and time is money.
That would be a cool combo... 🤔

I remember seeing on one of the longtail groups on facebook that somebody several years back tried mixing Phoenix with Silkies to do it just out of curiosity but the tail never got very long because silkie feathering is too brittle.

Also, non-molting birds are extremely difficult to come by, I can literally count the number of breeders on one hand who have proven non-molting fowl in the US. Just for clarification, Phoenix are not non-molting, the only birds in the US that could possibly be non-molting would be a select few long tailed birds from the Hyde line and David Roger's line (and he hasn't sold to the public in over a decade). Non-molting traits also have to be tested for, like a previous post pointed out they can be easily lost permanently in a few generations to outcrossing or simply not testing to maintain the trait in a line.

Back
Top Bottom