Has Anyone Tried Hatching Chicks In RCOM Juragon Reptile Incubator?

Bantam Username

Songster
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
Hi, I know some people have used Cabinet Reptile Incubators successfully but has anyone tried hatching chicken eggs in an RCom Juragon? It looks the same as the RCom 20 but I don't know what the difference would be? Its just so much cheaper, has anyone tried and had success with this?
wink.png

Hi there. We have just bought one of these reptile incubators to try hatching chickens. Did you follow through on this and if so did it work?

Hi there everyone,
Yes the reptile incubator works really well, in fact it gets to a higher humidity for hatching much easier than the RCom 20. The difference is you need to manually turn them but we have had 95% success rate from it.
All the best.

This is the incubator I am using. I set it manually for %45 humidity at 99.5 °F. I am waiting a couple of days for more eggs to try and get enough chick's to be sure they have buddies to keep warm with this winter. Hopefully this incubator is calibrated accurately. 3 different reptile temp )/humidity monitors in there to test, and all 3 have a different reading. So, I am not sure if they will make it or not.

Back
Top Bottom