has anyone used these for shipping eggs?

slackwater

Songster
9 Years
Feb 1, 2010
SoMD
First of all, I apologize if I placed this in the wrong spot...but I wasn't sure where else it would go.

Has anyone used these for shipping eggs?

http://www.southernfarmhatchery.com/Poultry-Supplies.php

Are they a waste of time & money? Or would they be a worthwhile investment? Obviously, if I used them, I would still put extra padding in the box around them. I'm just trying to figure out if I should get some to try for shipping eggs (someday).

I've see people using them as packing on eBay, if that helps. I was interested in obtaining (or making) something like this from foam pads. Seems like it'd work pretty well, the eggs are isolated from bumping each other, lil bit of squeeze room if the box has stuff sat on it or dropped. You could always order one and give it a try- have someone just pay shipping (and I would include shipping materials in shipping, but that's just me) and send a test group of eggs through the mail to see how they arrive.

Hi! I got eggs once in a foam-dealie like that and several were cracked. I figured it was because there was no extra cushioning in top and bottom of the box.
I re-used it when I was running out of bubblewrap (or for some reason I can't remember) and wrapped it with bubblewrap --- hoping for better results. There was STILL an egg cracked in the foam. I think, in that particular foam form, there wasn't enough space/foam between the 'egg holes' to absord shock.
So my experience(s) weren't good.
If you try the holie foam, do give updates on how *well* they work.
smile.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom