has anyones power ever gone off while incubating?

Yes I had a power outage in lockdown right on the 18th day... really was not fun. The bator got down to 89° before we got the generator going. I lost 10 eggs to the power outage... I still had quite a few hatches though. Now we have the generator sitting ready to start up and I'm never leaving the house again at lockdown till hatch.
old.gif

Last edited:
I had a power outage a few days ago on Day-17 for six hours, and the temperature dropped to 81 degrees, and the humidity rose to 64%. I don't know how many will hatch, but so far I have 14 out of 29, with two more zipping, so we'll see.

About a month ago I had a pile of eggs in the bator (day 2) and my boyfriend switched all the power off to wire up lights in the cattle shed. The eggs just kind of slipped our minds! Three hours later I remembered them and the bator was just about cold. I'm sure the eggs were still warm inside though. I carried the bator through and sat it on a chair in front of our stove until the power could be switched back on. Of the eight eggs, six were fertile and five hatched out fine, so I don't think it affected them any...

Yes. It is scary. Luckily, so far I've been home and been able to quickly wrap the incubator in blankets then run for the generator. It usually only about 15 minutes to get in place, fueled and going. The temp stays in the upper 90's having the extra insulation of the blankets.

I had the power go out for 8 hours in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, being the middle of the night, I didn't event think about my incubator until I got up in the morning. And I still had a great hatch rate!

Back
Top Bottom