Has Frontline NOT worked for anybody else?

Quote:
Me neither. Generally the problem is the environment needs to be treated also. Untreated animals, including wildlife will continue to reinfest property.

Frontline has never worked on my dog. We don't have a problem with fleas though, just ticks. It does not bother the ticks.

Maybe the fleas have built up an immunity to the fleas in your area?

Various areas have become resistant to either frontline or advantage depending which was more popular in the area. Switching to the other can sometimes work. I went to revolution instead which is more expensive but also prevents heartworm as well as killing a few other parasites so we don't have to use another medication for that. There is also capstar which is a pill. Treating the house and/or yard is always a good idea when you have an ongoing flea problem.

I have a relative in Arkansas who is seeing the problems with resistance to Frontline this year, though it has always worked in the past.

I have had no problems with it this year. We did have someone bring fleas in (on their shoes? in their luggage? who knows...) and observed a couple on the dog. We promptly treated her as well as the cats and haven't seen any more. If I did, I'd be off to the vet for something else because one of my kitties is really allergic to them (and so am I...)

I've had no problems with it either.
hu.gif

I was buying it from the vet and did treat the whole enviornment. Had always used frontline with NO problems up to three years ago. My old dog has severe allergies. So it is not always a lack of treating the enviornment, for some areas of the country it is just no longer effective.

I work in a dog grooming salon and every day we have dogs coming in loaded with fleas. When we tell the owners, they are always shocked because they have them on Frontline. Frontline stinks, use Advantage. It works much better!

Back
Top Bottom