Has my little boy got bumblefoot and how do i fix it??

How should i go about wrapping a gooses foot? Its not like a chicken with no webbing between their toes???
I haven't had to wrap a duck or goose's foot, but this thread may be helpful. Good points are made in the thread about the risks of invasive procedures to waterfowl feet - you may want to keep him confined and out of water or muck until his foot has healed.

Thanks will take a look, no invasive surgery at the moment but i have applied some epsom salt foot poultice in the meantime which id like to keep stuck to his foot, and then the neosporin when that arrives. I soaked and massaged gis foot again today

So i've been treating Beep beep with epsom salt poultice and it doesn't seem to have cleared up his bumble at this point but nor does it appear to have gotten any worse.

Neosporin arrived today so hopefully that will do the trick!

I've noticed it's been really hard to wrap his delicate feet to keep the salts on his footpad over the last few days and i've seen someone else that uses "duck shoes" which look like they'd really solve or at least help with the problem.

Anyone know where I might be able to get Goose shoes? or duck shoes big enough for a goose - googling "Goose shoes" comes up with sneakers for people :hmm

OK so I now have some neosporin but i'm not sure how to proceed; Should I just apply it to the bottom of his foot until it goes away or do I need to remove the big black spot on his foot first?

Good news!

Beep beep had a warm bath with some epsom salts tonight and i managed to pull away the scab on the bottom of his foot; there didn't seem to be any signs of infection, all healthy tissue and nothing was wrong other than a little bit of blood that i squeezed away checking for puss 🤢

I quickly dried him off, applied some neosporin and plastered him up so i think i either caught it super early or it wasnt bumblefoot at all.

I'll keep my eye on him for the next week or two and re-apply the neosporin regularly but he seems like he will be fine (other than learning not to like me when i pick him up now because he thinks hes going to be picked up for an inspection) i hope he loves me again soon!!

Good news!

Beep beep had a warm bath with some epsom salts tonight and i managed to pull away the scab on the bottom of his foot; there didn't seem to be any signs of infection, all healthy tissue and nothing was wrong other than a little bit of blood that i squeezed away checking for puss 🤢

I quickly dried him off, applied some neosporin and plastered him up so i think i either caught it super early or it wasnt bumblefoot at all.

I'll keep my eye on him for the next week or two and re-apply the neosporin regularly but he seems like he will be fine (other than learning not to like me when i pick him up now because he thinks hes going to be picked up for an inspection) i hope he loves me again soon!!
That's great! Hope he's completely recovered soon!

Back
Top Bottom