Hatch #2 report and question

JeremyKSullivan

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2013
Alabama
I set my first eggs a little over 1 month ago. My hatch rate was very unsuccessful. I set 29 eggs and had 4 hatch with only 1 survivor. For hatch #2, I upgraded my fan for better circulation and temperature control. I also bought an automatic egg turner and calibrated my thermometer/hygrometer. My temperature and humidity has remained almost rock steady the whole time. Air temp 101, egg temp 99, humidity 42-49 percent. I set 20 eggs this time. I am on day 10 and just candled. I VERY excitedly report that there were 19 live embryos tonight!!! :D The one egg that I removed was porous and probably not fertilized. It looked clear with no veins, blood ring, or blood spots. I know I'm aiming for the moon, but I sure hope they all make it!

Now, I do have a question about 1 of the eggs. The air cell wasn't on the top of the egg. It is on the side. The embryo is active. Is there a chance this chick will make it? Do I need to do anything or be prepared to do anything at a later time? See the pic below.

THANK YOU BYC FRIENDS FOR ALL OF THE ENCOURAGEMENT AND ADVICE!!!

I had an egg with the same issue two hatch's ago and it made it through no problem and hatched out a beautiful little chick.
All I did was make sure I put the air sac up at lockdown time.

Back
Top Bottom