Hatch along! Tuxedo quail (98% Celadon eggs)

clucknquack

Songster
6 Years
Nov 25, 2016
East Stroudsburg, PA
received_178135110284800.jpeg

On Saturday February 22nd I received my order of 50 Celadon quail eggs from Reno quail. Upon opening the box I discovered that they were packaged great! One had a little dent in it, but he sent 6 extra, and all of the rest seemed to be in great shape!

I let them sit for several hours to get up to room temperature, candled them for cracks or loose air cells (which I didn't notice any) and placed them in my incubator around 4:30pm.

Forced air incubator with auto turning set to 38c and 55% humidity for the first 16 days, then will bump to 75% humidity on lockdown.

I'm super excited because this breeder claims that all (98%) of his hens from this line lay Celadon eggs!

I will candle them on day 6\7 to check for development!

They are due to hatch March 12 (+\-)

Follow along!

Maybe they are just more expensive here in the UK :confused:. I've not seen many for sale but it's still early in the year. *Edit they are £99.99 plus nearly £6 shipping :eek:

Maybe they are just more expensive here in the UK :confused:. I've not seen many for sale but it's still early in the year. *Edit they are £99.99 plus nearly £6 shipping :eek:
Holy cow! Honestly, a lot of people here were trying to sell them for like $35\dozen plus $20 s&h. But then I found the guy I got mine from and he charged me $50 for 50 shipping included in the price. Seeing as your using euros? Pounds? I can't ship to you or I would!

UK pounds. The price will come down at some point I'm sure, when there's more around (more people selling them).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom