Hatch date soon, should I expect anything?

Bettacreek

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
Well, eggs should be hatching between the 8th and 9th. I stopped turning yesterday. Should I expect anything? I'm not sure if they're still alive or not, I had a temp spike a few days ago. I tried to candle to see movement, but I just see dark eggs, but that's all I've seen even before the temp spike. Should I expect to see anything, movement when candled, rocking eggs, anything? Or am I just going to peep in and find a pip? At what point do I give up on the eggs as dead if they don't hatch?

At this point i would leave them untouched and wait for them to hatch out.
Have heard about all kinds of things happening before to eggs and surprisingly they still hatched ! So lets hope they do .
I usually leave the ones that didnt hatch the day they were supposed to a few more days extra just to be sure.
Good Luck , hope u have some lil ones soon .

Fay

Coturnix quail.
smile.png
*Sigh* I hate waiting, especially when I don't know if they're still alive or not.
hmm.png

I stopped turning the eggs here yesterday and they're due on sunday....i havent noticed any movement but im sure they're fine. I'll start being anxious for movement tomorrow
smile.png

I have noticed with my quail hatches that they make you wait and then they just explode in the bator with all sorts hatching and pipping and zipping. LOL You can look at the bator one minute and go back 15 minutes later and find chicks running around. Give them time and don't give up too soon. I have a quail hatch right now a few days late and they are finally hatching.

Back
Top Bottom