Hatch date soon, should I expect anything?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Bettacreek, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, eggs should be hatching between the 8th and 9th. I stopped turning yesterday. Should I expect anything? I'm not sure if they're still alive or not, I had a temp spike a few days ago. I tried to candle to see movement, but I just see dark eggs, but that's all I've seen even before the temp spike. Should I expect to see anything, movement when candled, rocking eggs, anything? Or am I just going to peep in and find a pip? At what point do I give up on the eggs as dead if they don't hatch?

2. linebacker

linebacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2007
    North West Tennessee
    What kind of eggs are they?

Brad

3. At this point i would leave them untouched and wait for them to hatch out.
    Have heard about all kinds of things happening before to eggs and surprisingly they still hatched ! So lets hope they do .
    I usually leave the ones that didnt hatch the day they were supposed to a few more days extra just to be sure.
    Good Luck , hope u have some lil ones soon .

Fay

4. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Coturnix quail. [​IMG] *Sigh* I hate waiting, especially when I don't know if they're still alive or not. [​IMG]

5. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I stopped turning the eggs here yesterday and they're due on sunday....i havent noticed any movement but im sure they're fine. I'll start being anxious for movement tomorrow [​IMG]

6. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    I have noticed with my quail hatches that they make you wait and then they just explode in the bator with all sorts hatching and pipping and zipping. LOL You can look at the bator one minute and go back 15 minutes later and find chicks running around. Give them time and don't give up too soon. I have a quail hatch right now a few days late and they are finally hatching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by