Hatch of saxonys due in a week...one quick question

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by missmaryb, Apr 8, 2011.

1. missmaryb

missmaryb Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2011
    North Port, Fl
    Well all, all 6 of the eggs I put in the incubator are still developing beautifully! I've been checking them once a week for progress and I looked today, all of them have perfect aircell sizes and plenty of movement..BUT!

One seems a bit more eager than the rest LoL I could clearly see egg #4 trying to break through the membrane (and quite strongly I might add) while the others were just kind of rolling around in there having a good time. If I were to check in and he was successful in his attempts to pip internally BEFORE scheduled lock down (the 12th) and the others aren't quite as determined should I then increase the humidty/decrease the temp and just go into lockdown early or would that be harmful to the less motivated five??

2. The Duck ABC's

The Duck ABC's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Nice to hear they are doing so great. There is always one in a rush. You definitely need to go into lockdown once one externally pips. That is when the humidity is needed the most, because the membrane can dry up and shrink wrap the duckling. Stick to your schedule, but keep an eye on them. Can't wait to see pics of the babies, and I wish you a 100% hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by