Hatch Troubles

Thank you! I am using a Pawever Pets Fully automatic digital egg incubator (24 eggs)- (PPEGGINB24A). I don't know if that is still or forced air. I hope the two silkies that pipped will hatch because I need them.
I know the incubator you are using though I have never used one but I believe it's pretty well fully automatic but not sure how it works. I believe it also has a fan so it would be circulated air, which is my preference. Can you set the humidity and change it? Do you stop or take the eggs out of the turner when getting ready for hatching? Just curious...

Way too high. My best hatches are when I have my humidity during incubation around 30% to 40%. on day 18 when I take the eggs out of the incubator and put them in the hatcher, I get the humidity up to around 75%. They could drown because with that high of humidity during incubation because water can build up in the air cell and when the chicks pip the air cell they can drown. Leave the chick alone that is still absorbing the yolk. It may still absorb some of it. Originally during incubation the eggs need to loose moisture and if the humidity is too high during incubation and the eggs can't loose the moisture they need to can result in issues with the chicks.
Thank you so much, I will definitely change those things (I hope the chicks are ok)!!!!! I do not have a hatcher I only have an incubator is that ok?

I know the incubator you are using though I have never used one but I believe it's pretty well fully automatic but not sure how it works. I believe it also has a fan so it would be circulated air, which is my preference. Can you set the humidity and change it? Do you stop or take the eggs out of the turner when getting ready for hatching? Just curious...
I can change the perimeter setting but I have to add water to raise it and it is really hard to lower it without lowering the temp. for the first 18 days, I used an automatic turner but on day 18 I took it out and put the eggs on the tray under it.

Way too high. My best hatches are when I have my humidity during incubation around 30% to 40%. on day 18 when I take the eggs out of the incubator and put them in the hatcher, I get the humidity up to around 75%. They could drown because with that high of humidity during incubation because water can build up in the air cell and when the chicks pip the air cell they can drown. Leave the chick alone that is still absorbing the yolk. It may still absorb some of it. Originally during incubation the eggs need to loose moisture and if the humidity is too high during incubation and the eggs can't loose the moisture they need to can result in issues with the chicks.
So my chicks are on day 20 with 71% humidity Thoughts??

70-75%

I'm also worried cause as they hatch as continued the chicks that hatch have been weaker and weaker. The first three were already standing up and opening their eyes right after they hatched but the one that just hatched has not stood up or opened its eyes and it has been hatched for an hour or so now, it also still has a little of the egg yoke still hanging off of it.
sorry, I thought you were saying during hatching but my humidity during incubation was 35%, not 70% lol.

I'm sorry to report that another chick died out of the 7 chicks that have hatched only 3 have survived and made it to the brooder:(. Why are they all dying!!!!!!!!!!?????? The last three have been so weak when they hatch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom