Hatch with me, set today 3/8/11...

Miss Red

Songster
9 Years
Apr 26, 2010
Trinity, Texas
Test run on my new LG. Had about 19 leftover duck eggs from my late Cayuga hen that were still looking viable, so I set them aside while temperature /humidity issues were leveled out.

Not expecting a big hatch, and I have a staggered hatch going. I also set about 20 chicken eggs. 3 EE, 15 claret, the rest I have no idea. Just from my yard hens. Going to set up a hatcher in two weeks so I can get the chicken eggs moved out so the duck eggs can keep turning.

Test run: 19 Cayuga x Pekin Eggs : 3 EE eggs : 15 claret eggs : I have all but one row on the LG filled. Holding steady on temperature and humidity.

Did anyone else set eggs today? Wha is you're expected hatch rate? I'm hoping for at least a 50%, but not expecting much.

I put in 13 eggs today also. My chickens started hiding there eggs a couple day ago and I finally found them behind my feed barrel today. I thought that they had quit laying and was kinda mad at them.

We will join you... setting them tomorrow
I teach 2nd grade in Colorado. We are doing this in class
Should be fun
I have a Brinsea Octagon Advance. Setting 16 eggs tomrrow
Bot sure what kind, they are all brown in varying colors and sizes. The farmer who gave them to me has 4 roosters.
Temp and humidity have been steady 99.6 and 42%
I may be asking lots of questions, since I am new at this

I set eggs on March 6th after my last hatch was over. I have one entire incubator full of shipped eggs and one full of my own eggs mostly buff orpington X new hampshire which produced some really beautiful chicks my last hatch.

Good luck everyone

Well, I don't think I'm too happy with my candling from last night. Granted, I was just adding water so I only checked a few but man I hope when I candle on monday those eggs look more promising. My duck eggs looked fantastic, though.

I'll hatch along with you. I set 12 eggs at 11PM on the 8th!

I wasn't planning on candleing until day 7 or 8... But I do need to check the water level. "Oh! I'm hatching in a Brinsea eco 20. Yep I know I'm a bit random." This is my first hatch ever in an incubator, so wish me luck!
fl.gif

Quote:
it's not my first hatch in an incubator, just my first hatch in THIS incubator. I have several from the 80s that my grandmother had, BIG bators, but they're in houston... Soo, I got this little LG.

ETA: so good luck to both of us!

Last edited:
Quote:
it's not my first hatch in an incubator, just my first hatch in THIS incubator. I have several from the 80s that my grandmother had, BIG bators, but they're in houston... Soo, I got this little LG.

ETA: so good luck to both of us!

thumbsup.gif

I'm kinda regretting not filling it up! lol I only set 12, and it can hold 24...
smack.gif

For mt first hatch, I have 4 Olive eggers, and 8 Blue Ameraucanas. I'm excited!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom