Hatched Chicks Moving All Over the Incubator!

CLank22

Hatching
Apr 13, 2021
I have two chicks hatched out of my 12 eggs. There are pips in 9 others, and 1 other egg with no pip (I don't think it was fully developed but wasn't sure, so I left it in there during lockdown).

The two hatched chickens are moving all over the place! They have knocked, bumped, and rolled every other egg in the incubator. I don't want to open to remove them since most of the other eggs have piped, but I also don't want them to mess up the other eggs zipping and hatching.

What should I do?!

I have two chicks hatched out of my 12 eggs. There are pips in 9 others, and 1 other egg with no pip (I don't think it was fully developed but wasn't sure, so I left it in there during lockdown).

The two hatched chickens are moving all over the place! They have knocked, bumped, and rolled every other egg in the incubator. I don't want to open to remove them since most of the other eggs have piped, but I also don't want them to mess up the other eggs zipping and hatching.

What should I do?!
It’s fine to take them out really quickly then add water. However in my past experience, leaving the chicks in there was fine too.

I left them all in until late afternoon when I had two others who had made holes, but just were not progressing at all.

Came back this morning, and the other two had finished! 10 out of 12 hatched in the first round of incubation on Day 20 (one egg when into lockdown that I was 99% sure was not viable, but I decided to just see). One more in there who has internally piped, but nothing else. I'll give it a day or two more to see what he does.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom