Hatched Guineas / UPDATE: Going to cull...

tnlorprazer

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
SouthWest TN
Put guinea eggs in Bator and got 4 hatched. Two are orange/black looking and are really active and fluffy. Two are blue or lavender looking and are half the size of the orange/black. The blue/lavender ones are really wobbly and really don't have any coordination, their legs look a little too long for their small size and one of them won't straighten his neck out all the way and keeps falling over on his back. I wrapped him in a towel for tonight so that he don't flip over while I'm asleep and can't turn back over. These are my first guineas so I'm clueless....

Last edited:
Size/Color difference

34883_guinea_002.jpg

How he holds his head sideways

34883_guinea_009.jpg

The two blue/lavender chicks still won't eat or drink on their own so I've been feeding them with a medicine dropper. They are not doing any better so we have decided to cull them.
hit.gif
Breaks my heart but I don't know what else to do...

how sad to just cull them. they are so cute. if they hatched out before day 25 then they are too young to eat on their own yet and you will have to continue to hand feed them for a few days. once they get to day 25 to day 27 they should be eating on their own. why not give them a chance??

i agree with happi752.

why don't give them another chance?

i think if you keep feed them with help, in 3-4 days they will get stronger and will be able to eat without help anymore.

Back
Top Bottom