Hatched! Serama's

smoothmule

Crowing
13 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Buffalo, Missouri
The hatch rate isn't all that great but I'm not complaining. I have 5 sweet little Serama chicks. They're 2 days old now and I moved them from the incubator to my "brooder", a 2.5 gallon aquarium I have set up with waffle weave drawer liner on the bottom with a thin layer of bedding, a hamster water bottle and the light I use is an incandescent heating bulb for reptiles. It's bluish colored and give off a little more heat than the regular bulbs. The bulb in an antique floor lamp that slides up and down on the pole so I can raise it slowly as they get older. This set up has been working perfectly for my small broods of Serama chicks. It seems to be just the right size for these tiny guys.

Here's a pic I just took. They look big cause I was right in their face with the camera. All 5 can set comfortably in the palm of my hand.

8809_seramachickshatched22sept09-2daysold006.jpg

smile.png

Here's my little Serama Rooster from a previous hatch. He's so friendly and loves to be held. I have to watch him at the door of the cage or he'll try to fly out onto my shoulder.
He's two months and a week old now.

I need a name.............

8809_seramas13sept2009_005.jpg

cool.png

Back
Top Bottom