Hatcheries In OREGON

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by moodlymoo, Oct 26, 2011.

1. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    I am looking to take my kids to a hatchery and cant seem to find any in oregon within 2ish hours from portland. Do you know of any?

2. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Quote:I dont think you will find any hatchery in Oregon and if you do , they will not let you in .Most hatcheries follow a very strict biosecurity plan.

But you will find lots of farms full or many diferent animals and plants , some farms or ranchers offer horse ridding tours.

Your kids will have more fun in a farm ....I guess

I just found this one
    http://www.fwfarm.com/fwf-chickens.html

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    There are hatcheries in Oregon, but no hatchery gives tours because of bio-security.

I think there is a blueberry farm near Portland that has picnic areas and a petting zoo. It's a U-pick place and sells blueberry plants. It wouldn't be hard to find with Google.

Also, this week there will be places selling pumpkins with mazes and small petting zoos.

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Oh, yeah. Almost all of the fish hatcheries allow visitors and that is usually pretty interesting to kids. Locations and hours are on-line.

5. MaBo

MaBo Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2010
    Oregon
    Does anyone know what happened to Lazy 54 Farm? (used to be called Shanks) in Hubbard, OR? Their website went down a month or so ago, and their number is now disconnected. That's kind of a bummer.

6. DuckRaiser

DuckRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2013
    Elmira Oregon
    My Coop
    I can NOT find a place around Eugene Oregon that has D'uccles and Cochin bantams that doesn't ship![​IMG]

7. rk7800

rk7800 New Egg

Mar 5, 2012
    Your best bet is to find breeders. I know there are some people up in the valley. My son has gotten some Cochins from breeders in Oregon. We don't have any d'Uccles though.

8. DuckRaiser

DuckRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2013
    Elmira Oregon
    My Coop
    That may work as long as they don't ship and it's close enough.

9. coppertop2014

coppertop2014 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    Bend, Oregon
    My Coop
    I know I guy-Mont west. He lives near bend

10. Scmom

Scmom New Egg

Mar 1, 2016
    Are you taking about the Rouge Valley? If so do you know the names of the farms?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by