Hatcheries inconsistent Sexing of chicks

Are you certain that the store is actually ordering pullets?

I suppose I would take this up with the managers of stores you are acquainted with. Find out what exactly they are ordering so you know what to expect when you purchase chicks. If the store is not getting what they were sold, they should consider ordering elsewhere. Or if you are dissatisfied with what is available in store, I would suggest sourcing birds direct from a hatchery or breeder yourself.

However, I find blaming the hatchery when the chicks are from a third party store to be unfair. Hatcheries could not stay in business if they consistently sent out incorrect orders.

Tsc doesn't care about the genders of chicks they carry. It's to encourage customers to come to there store to buy items relating to chickens and the convenience of getting chicks without having to order from a hatchery. Assuming people have chickens and adding additions.

I personally wouldn't buy chicks from them.

I am hearing alot of complaints that when paying more for pullets they are getting more than their share of roosters. It like they bought straight run. But didn't. Shouldn't a hatchery be held responsible if you get like 7 roosters out 10 chicks? I personally only buy color sexed chicks to avoid this.
I have had it happen a couple of times,bantams are much harder to vent sex,so not totally surprised..i also had ordered 2 BBS Ameraucaunas ( not e.e. and paid a premium for them) i was refunded in every single case, oneat acouple weeks old because male sussex are different colors,Ameraucauna at 14 weeks, bantam egger at 12 weeks.i received a full refund as soon as the pictures were received,e ccept the Ameraucana, they had me send weekly pictures as his hackle and saddle feathers were really hard to see ( splash) but as soon as they saw it i had a full refund

Nicole

Back
Top Bottom