Hatcheries - no minimum recommendations?

They’re expensive but I find their birds to be worth it.
Hmm maybe I’ll have to try them sometime!! I’ve always wanted to and the quality has impressed me from all the pictures they have online but I don’t need tons and tons of birds, especially with how many I have currently, so the price kinda put me off haha but maybe one day!!

i am using cackle hatchery because i only wanted certain chickens. i ordered 6. cost 102.00. it was worth it to me because i could only have a small flock where i live. they will be here around feb 5th. can't wait. black astralorpe, buff orpington, barred rock,red sex link and 2 easter eggers.

I use Meyer in Ohio and My Pet Chicken and minimum is three for chicks and 1 for started pullet for pick up or delivery. Ducks are two minimum. Another place for ducks is Metzer.

My Pet Chicken has a 3 chick minimum during warmer weather, and 8 during winter. Shipping will always be high, since it basically costs about the same to ship 3 or 10.

Meyer has a minimum of 3 but I don’t think it starts until April. December through March it’s 8 and Nov through April it’s 3. My Pet Chicken is the same I think.

Cackle I think has a small minimum too but it’s like a $20 small order fee so may not be worth it.

I don’t think there’s any others that have Ideal’s policy where it’s a dollar amount instead of minimum number of chicks.
Yes, Meyer has a 3 chick min from April to November. HOWEVER, if you order less than 15, then shipping is $50.

Back
Top Bottom