Hatcheries that sell small-quantity sexed duckings?

OhTisLove

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 21, 2009
I'm looking for sexed ducklings, but I really only want 5 at the most. Could probably make it to 10 splitting an order with a buddy. So who are the hatcheries that sell sexed ducklings, with around a minimum of 10?

The minimum is less important than the fact that they're sexed.

I know Metzer fits the bill, as well as McMurray, and Ideal. Efowl sexes SOME of their ducks. Any others?

Go with Metzer. I did and they were great. Good customer service and the ducklings and goslings I ordered were really healthy. They even included an extra female in my order.

Quote:
I did go with Metzer last year, and was quite happy with them. Twelve perfectly happy and healthy ducklings arrived and grew up into twelve perfectly happy and healthy ducks. 100% sexing accuracy as well, at least with mine.

I was hoping to hear of at least a few other places, as I really want to get some different breeds/colors...

Murray McMurray has a new small order thing where you can buy 2 ducks, not sure if they sex them, but I bet they do....but there is a ridiculous small order fee involved.

Quote:
Yup, I noted you in my original post.
smile.png

Metzers charges only 30.00 for ordering smaller order of ducklings..they charge 12 dollars I think for the heating pad also.. I went with metzers last may.. I got sexed ducklings except they did mix the tags up on two.. but still got 2 females and 1 male.. just had to re name when I figured out there was a boo boo in the tagging. LOL.

Quote:
Quote:
I just got McMurray's 2010 catalog in the mail two days ago - they will ship as few as 2 ducklings, but the small order fee is $40! That IS ridiculous!

I've said it before but I'm pretty sure that if you order ducks from McMurray, they are really drop-shipped from Metzers. Pictures are the same, McMurray's duck prices are slightly higher than Metzer's. It all adds up. And if I remember correctly, my most recent duck order from McMurray was shipped from CA rather than IA.

It doesn't really matter who you choose but it's good to know for anyone who is looking for different stock of the same breeds. Those two would pretty much be the same stock.

As for the small order thing. I have found that it is really easy to order the minimum and then sell the rest on craigslist...or just keep them all.

Thanks for all the posts! I've done gone and ordered me a flock (10) from Metzer's Farms. They're set to ship March8! Now... to bide my time and work on their new home.

I ordered 2 of each of the following, all females:

F&W Runner
Choc Runner
Black Runner
Cayuga
Black Swedish

WOOO! Gunna be a nice lookin flock. (/end redneck hollerin)

Anyone in the MD area know of a good place to find feed?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom