Hatchery chicken packing

Yeah, I contacted the hatcheries I'm planning on using, and all I got was that they do everything they can to not add extra males and will do whatever they feel will be the best option, however I'm not entirely sure they meant the chicks best option and not the best fiscal option.

If you mean they're putting more thought into profits then the chicks safety how's that work?
Their $$$ comes from selling chicks and making a profit so how profitable do you think they'd be if chicks are dying in transit? Dead chicks don't bring in money they cause expense. Dead chicks also cost future customers.

Yeah, but from what I've seen on line, granted the probably get them cheaper, shipping boxes are expensive, plus heat bags since they apparently don't do the extra male chicks unless they absolutely have to, for an order that's a little tight in a boxunless spread out.

I don't know, I'm probably just worried. Usually my order is around 100 chicks since I order with my 4h club, but I hate doing that so I wanted to just do my own order

If you mean they're putting more thought into profits then the chicks safety how's that work?
Their $$$ comes from selling chicks and making a profit so how profitable do you think they'd be if chicks are dying in transit? Dead chicks don't bring in money they cause expense. Dead chicks also cost future customers.

Yup that live arrival and guarantee means dead chicks is detrimental to that bottom line.

When I ordered 7 ducklings from Cackle I did not add grogel or a heat pack to my order but BOTH were included in the box. The sweet little things arrived in fantastic shape raring to go. The heat pack was still pretty warm too.

Would I order again.....yup.

An option may be ordering through a reputable feed store as well. Then they would be able to be special ordered and the chicks the feed store is ordering would be in the same box making it a full box.
I have a very very good feed store near me (not TSC but a local one) that will special order whatever someone wants. I have special ordered through them a few times over the years and it has always been great.

Back
Top Bottom