Hatchery comparisons please!

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
Can anyone compare quality and service for me between Meyer, Ideal, and My Pet Chicken? I've narrowed it down to these three. Also, does anyone know where I can find shipping rates and policies for My Pet Chicken? Thanks!

You must be looking at just getting small quanties. I can't really tell, since I've never ordered from any of them, but I did hear that somebody ordering from My Pet Chicken, didn't get what they thought they were getting.

I've only bought from MPC they are very nice people. I know you can order only 3 if you want. They add a warming pad in for warmth under a certain amount I can't remember if it 15 and under. They are a little more pricey for a small number of chicks. Mine all arrived in perfect condition and they sent 2 extra chicks of the same breeds I bought. Only one out 10 was a roo and it was my blue silkie which was fine by me. He's so pretty and I would order from them again.

Added: They no longer sell hatching eggs I was told. That did get mixed up for me but they gave me a refund.

Last edited:
I got my standards from Ideal last August. I had ordered 11, but they didn't have any welsummers - so my chirping box contained 8 chicks.... they arrived in perfect condition, all healthy and making noise - I still have all 8, they're really cute girls, and so far we've eaten 4 eggs!
lol.png
(the one today didn't even have time to COOL DOWN) One or two have started laying and right at 21 weeks old..

They were really good, their customer service was great. I would recomend them...... be aware they will add chicks for warmth if its cold like it is now....

My girls included two of each of these breeds:
Ideal 235 or whatever the number is (I had wanted California whites)
BO'S
EE's
RIR

Good Luck!

Out of those three, I've only ordered from Ideal. Great customer service and the chicks (got ducklings, too) arrived healthy and happy. I love the way my birds are turning out and they get an A+++ from me!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Meyer had great costomer service I ordered 8 pullets and got two roo's but I am still happy because the roos found good homes and they are all larg and healths they dont add packing penuts (extra Males) they are alittle bit pricery for small orders but have a pretty good breed selection I will be ordering in Febuary from them again.

Good Luck

Henry

I have ordered from Ideal, my first order got cold it only had 10 bantam chicks and no warmers, they said it was there fault, even though 4 survived they send me another 10 for free. I love them They have the greatest temperments.

I ordered from Ideal this winter. I only wanted three, but with the $25 minimum, I ended up ordering 7 and figured I could sell the extras to make up the difference.

The women I talked to were very nice and polite and answered all my questions. They explained that they might have to send packing peanuts and said they would send a breed that would be easy to tell apart from my girls.

My order arrived in 1 day, and all 20 chicks were bright, alert and responsive. They had sent 13 americauna chicks, 9M and 4F. I didn't have any trouble getting rid of the extras.

My girls are growing up so fast, two of them are super sweet, and one is an evil beast.

I would order from them again.

Back
Top Bottom