Hatchery Policies. Acceptable or Not Acceptable?

I've always left them a message on their recorder and they've always called me back. I've had mixed experiences on my survival rates from them but they've always been friendly and professional. When I had several chicks die from an order last year, they gave me full credit for the chicks that died and also gave me a coupon for 30% off.

I don't have any problems with their prices because they go through the time and effort to go and get these breeds across the planet, deal with all the import requirements, quarantine, travel costs to look for new flocks, etc. Only to have other hatcheries start breeding varieties they imported. Yes I called them varieties. I know.

The 50% cancelation fee is high for sure, yea. But if it's on their website, we can't fault them for it. I'm guessing they were having customers getting buyers remorse a few days or weeks before shipping, then cancelling their orders and messing everything up. We all know that a few bad eggs (😉)...ruins things for the rest of us that are trying to do it by the book.

I'm sorry that you can't get your birds. Something very serious must have happened and I hope that you can re-order your chicks in the future. God bless

Back
Top Bottom