Hatchery stock owners unite!!!

Domestic_goddess

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Utah
I buy my chickens from hatheries...If you do too, please join me! HATCHERY STOCK OWNERS UNITE!!!
wee.gif
We may not be "pure" but we rock! What is with all the "pure" breed hype anyways? I want to hear from my fellow hatchery stock owners.

Almost 5 years ago, I got my first 6 chickens from a feed store in my small farm community! Yes, they all came from a hatchery some where. I like my hatchery chickens, they may not be pure breed...but they have been so much fun, and I enjoy raising my chickens. I have started selling my farm fresh eggs and have many many happy customers!

You got my vote!

I've been raising hatchery stock, heritage breed chickens since the Sixties. We ordered from MM for literally DECADES and never had any problems with the quality of our chicks, which grew up to provide the eggs, meat, and companionship we expected. Some of our birds even placed in our County Fair.

Hatchery stock is affordable and makes the majority of chicken owners who don't plan to show their birds happy. 'Nuf said!
smile.png

Me too! AND my feed store ducks!

I have some birds I've hatched from breeders' eggs I've bought, but they weren't sold as anything but their breed or mix. That is, I didn't pay high dollar for the eggs, and I'm not breeding them. If somebody goes broody in my flock, the chicks which hatch are cross-breeds. I don't care - they're healthy, and happy, and I love 'em!

Last edited:
My feed store EE rooster has fathered some lovely Delaware/EE (Easterware) daughters and a couple of "pure" EE pullets - they all lay green eggs. My mottled bantam Cochins have fathered some Sebright/Cochin mixes (Cobrights). Another of my bantam Cochin roos has fathered some Cochin/EE chicks (Cheaters? Coasters?).

Back
Top Bottom