Hatchery Suggestions?

I have bought chicks from Ideal Poultry and I have had great experiences with them. Whenever there is an issue, like a dead chick, they give me a credit on my account. I've had maybe 4 not make it in shipping and 3-4 weak ones that die quickly after arrival. I've probably ordered 200 chicks from them over 8 years. So, that's not bad to me.

I do only live about 2.5 hours from the hatchery so that really helps.

I have also ordered from Cackle Hatchery and I have also had great experiences with them. I'm pretty sure I've ordered their surprise special 3 times.

When I first started out with chickens about 9 years ago, I almost ordered from My Pet Chicken but at the time My Pet Chicken had various other hatcheries drop ship their orders so I would have gotten chicks from Ideal anyway.

IMO you will have better experience with hatcheries that are close to you. I wouldn't expect great things if I ordered from a hatchery in NY or WA since I'm in TX.

I have ordered from McMurray in the past but most recently we ordered from Cackle for the first time. I would absolutely order from them again. Their Amauracanas are actually good quality, the blue laced red Wyandotte’s are true in markings not just a “just” of what they should be and there weren’t any bad legs or crooked toes in the lot of thirty-five various breeds. For hatchery quality, we are impressed.

Back
Top Bottom