Hatchery with the "Best" Saipan Jungle Fowl?? PLEASE READ!!

Oh, I see you have Auracanas. I have some in my incubator. Unfortunately USPS decimated my box and egg was oozing out. I think I have 5 viable though. Out of all the breeds I have seen, I love the Auracanas and want to learn more. I plan on having several breeds but want to really focus on Auracanas. Here is my Americauna Rooster. I just recently got him. I think he is quite the looker.

Where did you get your hatching eggs? and it's spelled Araucana and Ameraucana. The mispelled names are often the way it's spelled at hatcheries who try to sell their easter eggers as that.

I have raised them for several years now, even shown some and gotten 2 first place's at a local show.
I also have Tomaru, Cemani and Sumatra...some pheasants, Muscovy ducks, mute Swans, guineas.....

Last edited:
The misspelling was my fault. I got my eggs from Awesome Araucanas in CA.

My Ameraucana came from a gal downsizing. She is focusing on her Cream Legbars and Swedish Flowers.

Last edited:
I received a response. Bringing eggs from Saipan is not considered international travel as long as there are no stops in another country. Testing and health certificates by a veterinarian must be provided. I received many of these links and requirements.

I have never seen a chick so young with such puffy cheeks! Is this a true Araucana?
wink.png
Most definitely the real thing. I breed only black now, to the SOP. But I have recently aquired a couple of very nice duckwing hens for a project but may also raise a few pure Araucana's in duckwing pattern. I used to have all sorts of colors.

Those aren't puffy cheeks, those are tufts. The feathers actually grow from a peduncle near the ears. A peduncle is a small bit of skin

Here are updated photos of the Saipans I got from ideal poultry hatched March 10th taken at exactly 4 months old.

Saipan cockerel. He stands right at 24" already (the background hen is Malay

Saipan pullet. She stands about 19-20".

These next few pics were taken at 15 weeks old.. The wheatens are Saipan, there are many different breeds in these photos.

Back
Top Bottom