Hatching 11 Silver Appleyards.

Day 2.
Ok, I'm cheating a bit. We're manually turning the eggs every 8 hours for the first 7 days. We did this with another hatch and it worked well.
After Candling we will then manually turn them every 5 hours. It helps to have 2 of you to take turns to turn them.

Attachments

• 20211114_122836.jpg
    20211114_122836.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 6
I don't know your weather. Mine is very humid so I would never mist. I lose eggs to too much humidity. In the summer I dry hatch. Misting would really concern Me unless you live in a really dry climate.
We spray before we shut the door so the humidity gets up quickly to where it's supposed to be and we flick a switch to keep it there, (it turns the element on). This bator doesn't work on water surface, it has a humidifier (an element). :celebrate

Day 19. Update.
We quickly candled them last night and 2 eggs aren't developed. One looked like it was going to explode so we took it out. The other one we left in there, just in case. We go into lockdown on Day 25. 🦆

Day 25. 7th November.
We candled 10 eggs before putting them into lockdown .
Number 2 and 8 look like they haven't developed properly, there's no veins and are 'wobbly', we left them in there for now.
With lockdown the temperature drops to 36.5C and we raise the humidity to 77%.

Back
Top Bottom