HATCHING ADVISE & HELP NEEDED PLZZ

newbee chick01

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 14, 2011
hi,,, this is my 1st hatch and everything was going well,other than they started pipping on day 23,,,2 days late but ive heard thats a temp and humity problem.(i had a slight prob in 1st 7days with keeping humidity down.was fine on 5day test but once eggs where put in it raised into the 70s :()until i noticed 1 chick that was half hatched was bleeding.i wasnt sure where from.i watched and waited as it lost more blood.it hatched and lived about 6 hours :(
in the mean time my other 3 eggs started pipping.1 has now hatched and 2 are making slow progress :)
the problem is the blood from this poor chick got everywhere.all over the other eggs and in the incubator and where it has been left for sometime its turning green and i can smell it slightly :(
anyway i was wondering;
if if should take the poor dead chick out?
will the others be okay with the blood going green?
also could anyone help me understand why my chick bleed out like that? ive read through a bit on here and other than prem hatch i cant find anyother reason??
would really apreciate some advise from use guys
i really dont know what to do except,,,,not 2 open the incubator.

would also like to add the 2 that hatched seemed very wet??i`m now very worried for my other hatching chicks :(

Last edited:
Not sure of your setup, r u use ing a hatcher? I would take the dead chick out, and you can also help the other chicks gently out of their shells as well. But I would put up a heat lamp so they dont get cold as you work. Blood wont hurt the other chicks, but you could clean up the big spots while your in there with a wet washcloth

ive taken the lost 1 out and then took your advise got the room temp and humidity up using my shower and heater and slowly started taking the shells apart,looking out for any vessels,which there were none except tiny parts.as i was working 2wards the end of the shells 2 of them sort of sprung out so i gently placed them back to finish.sadly 1 had died in its shell before i could help release it:( i thought it was as i could see no movement near pip and it was silent.they were all very tightly packed in there shells???i think if i had not of followed your advise i could have lost them all.im very greatful for your suport with advise.both chicks are doing very well :) thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom