hatching all year

Wait Paul..wherr do you live.Does it get cold?Do you have a heated building for the new babies?
My experience last winter..i just kept hatching too cool out in fall and winter for babies so into my spare bathrooms..then even bigger they werent accustom to the cold so had to stay in til spring..i had 7 brooders and large cages byEnd March i had roosters crowing in the re and hens laying! The terrible mess you could not believe took days to clean the room once they were out so. you can hatch any time but think ahead..babies grow fast!

Does it not get too hot where you are to run an incubator through the summer? I got to get my layers out by September or the heat slows their growth down(thats in Australia tho).

thank you all i am from the uk we dont get too hot or cold but we do get a lot of rain my prob is i buy in a lot of eggs but only hatch a few and all different breeds dont know why i use r com incubators any advice thank you paul

If its humid that could affect the bators humidity you could be drowning your chicks what the humidity in your bator before your 1st pip. It goes up considerably after they pip the shell. I monitor the room humidity not the bator.I havent used rcom. Do your hatched chicks take long time to dry?

hello i set the incubator at 45% humidity for the first 18 days and then stop turning and raise humidity to 65% controled by the incubator and yes chicks do take a long time to dry we had very hot weather here for some weeks now very wet thanks paul

hello sorry to asked but if the incubator controls it all eg temp.turning.humidity does it matter what the room is like eg heat humidity sunlight

It seems to make a difference with my BellSouth but I really not sure about rcom. I think it someone who uses a rcom could help you more. Do you candle your eggs is there signs of fertility? At what stage are the embryos dying or are they fully developed and not getting out? Another thought you said you buy eggs are they posted the kind unknowing mail services can scramble eggs. And you said your bator does it all does that mean your bator isn't opened daily mother hens get off nest most days I not sure but I think this cooling period is important to the developing embryos. Don't ever be sorry to ask questions here think that why admins put the forum together.

hi sorry for delay in replying building a hen house from start to finnish i buy my eggs through ebay ane get them in the post not the best way i know then i rest them in same room as incubators for 24 hours then put into incubator and its not opened till i see a chick i set humidity to 45% and leave for 18 days then i stop the egg turner and set the humidity 65% humidity for last three days and hope i get some chicks with some chicks start piping and die some need help inner shin in egg raped around them some just die in shell if i get chicks i leave in incubator for 24 hours to dry then into a brooder what am i doing wrone thanks paul

Back
Top Bottom