1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching App?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Pele, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Hi everyone [​IMG]

I am curious to see if anyone has run across an app for incubation and hatching of fowl. I have an andriod and I've looked through the market, but could not find anything like that.

Oh how I wish I knew how to code.

2. JenniferNgo

JenniferNgo Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2011
    Texas
    hmm..no I haven't, but that is a GREAT idea!

I use my calender and set up reminder alarms with little notes for me [​IMG] I hatch a lot so I organize my batches by letters on top (A, B, C...etc) then my notes read

Date: batch B Serama in bator
    date: Batch B serama in lockdown
    Date: batch B serama hatch day

And I always have the alarms go off at a time of day I know no matter WHAT I will be home ! LOL hate it when the alarm goes off when you are out and you forget all about it by the time you get back to the house [​IMG]

3. namastemama

namastemama Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I saw one, called HatchApp. I will look for the link and see if I can find it again.

4. Michaelwhite302

Michaelwhite302 New Egg

Dec 14, 2012
  5. mattfulleroc

mattfulleroc Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Oh do you think there might be such an app for Android? I would love this if I could figure out how to use it...I searched a bit but I can't find anything (but that doesn't mean its not there..I am hopeless with this type of thing Im afraid).

6. Chickencame1st

Chickencame1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2013
    North Carolina
  7. darajosami

darajosami Chillin' With My Peeps

I have this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.bellsouth.hatchabatch&hl=en but for my iphone. It is also for android and you can set calendar reminders for days 1, 7, 15, 18, a9 & 21 as well as it tells you about the development.

8. peter98

peter98 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2015
    Hatch a batch is a really good app

9. Chickencame1st

Chickencame1st Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2013
    North Carolina
    I found ihatch and it's available in Android and iPhone. Very education. Not intuitive with multiple hatches in parallel but great for kids especially

10. Thistledown

Thistledown Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2016
    Nova Scotia
    iHatch is a great app available for iOS or Android. It counts down the days with a picture and written description of what's happening inside the egg every day. It also reminds you what needs to be done on a certain day, ie candling. I haven't reached hatch yet, but so far it's a fun and useful app!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by