Hatching bantam eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stephanie1992, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Godiva

Godiva Songster

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Ok, so I am not way out of normal then! [​IMG] I think I am going to lockdown early and see what happens. Stephanie1992, not many incubators actually read the humidity for you. You can buy a cheap hygrometer at Petsmart or at Amazon (I have two in my incubator in case one goes wacko! Though I am thinking I may need another since how do you know which one is malfunctioning if you only have two? Mmmm.... I have another cheap analog one lurking somewhere so may just add that to my collection [​IMG] ) Onward ho!

2. ok thank u i may go pick one up, and ill candle them before i decide to put them on lockdown to make sure they are all formed and ready for lockdown

3. marlene

marlene Songster

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    My Bantam's have always piped on day 19, i put them in lockdown day 18 as normal.

4. debbruther

debbruther In the Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    I have read a ton of different opinions on humidity and hatching temps. I just lost a whole hatch (18 eggs) in a still air LG. I have added a fan and have more eggs to go in tomorrow and have a lot of anxiety over this. They are silkies and serama's. Is there a "perfect" temp and humidity?

5. katsdar

katsdar Crowing

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I need some advice I'm hatching my first set of Bantam eggs, I have hatched LF with no problems, but when I candle the Bantam eggs I don't clearly see an air cell, but I do see a developing chick

6. katsdar

katsdar Crowing

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    oh never mind I candled them again and they are fine I just candled them too early

7. ldalton

ldalton In the Brooder

Mar 16, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    katsdar, I also have a batch of assorted bantams - silkies, cochins, serama-mixes in the incubator day nine. When are yours due?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: