hatching bobwhite quail under a broody coachen bantam hen??

I am just getting started raiseing Quail. I have a friend that raises quail on a comercial level. He has large pens and climate controled laying houses with several large egg production cages and several large automated incubaters. This guy has more money in his climate controlled feed barn then I do in my home. My point is he knows what he is doing. My friend Phillip Prefers to hatch his Quail under sharama [I hope I spelled thar right.] bantium hens. He leaves the chicks[?] with the hen until they are ready to go it alone. Phillip says he has a 80 percent sucess rate as aposed to a 70 percent rate with the hens. He says if you raise the quail with the chickens they will get enzymes[hadto ask my school teacher wife about that spelling] from pecking at the scratch on the pin floor that will prevent either the chickens or the quail from getting sick. I will go with him on this subject. Good luck!! [email protected]

I am just getting started raiseing Quail. I have a friend that raises quail on a comercial level. He has large pens and climate controled laying houses with several large egg production cages and several large automated incubaters. This guy has more money in his climate controlled feed barn then I do in my home. My point is he knows what he is doing. My friend Phillip Prefers to hatch his Quail under sharama [I hope I spelled thar right.] bantium hens. He leaves the chicks[?] with the hen until they are ready to go it alone. Phillip says he has a 80 percent sucess rate as aposed to a 70 percent rate with the hens. He says if you raise the quail with the chickens they will get enzymes[hadto ask my school teacher wife about that spelling] from pecking at the scratch on the pin floor that will prevent either the chickens or the quail from getting sick. I will go with him on this subject. Good luck!! [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom