Hatching Buddy wanted for Eggs in on August 5th & 6th

bragabit

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Southern Utah
I started with 40 eggs.

12 buff Orpington (2 broke in shipment)
14 white Orpington (from a seller here on BYC)
14 Welsummer (from Ebay-1 egg that the broody rolled out of the nest)

------- (i put 2 of my mutt fresh eggs in the incubator as a control)

2 more eggs cracked by chicken bothering broody

35 eggs
7 under bantam broody, 14 or so under Buff Orpington broody. The rest are in my Little Giant incubator. After candling last night my hopes were raised finding plenty of eggs with veins and little heart beats. I didn't think I would get any as so many have told me shipping eggs this time of year is not so great.

Anyways I have never incubated, yet I have had many round of broody hens this season and had a great hatch rate with them. I really want a hatching buddy. I am willing to post pictures too!

Hi there! I added some of our eggs yesterday to the bator. Seventeen in all. There are a couple of each Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, Silver Penciled Wyandotte, Salmon Faverolle, and a couple.....experiments I guess you could call them...
hu.gif
cross between a salmon fav. rooster and silver spangled hamburg hens. Should be interesting.
We also had 24 guineas in there that were started last Wed. Should be fun. Hope we both get good hatches!!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Good luck to you
big_smile.png

I just pulled 3 more eggs from the bator. No veins, at all or specs. All of the control, other and similar eggs have veins. I put these in the fridge and am looking to see if I can check fertility.

On a side note....these eggs were from Ebay. The seller DID NOT wrap them in bubble wrap. Instead the seller used shredded paper and stuffed an egg carton with shredded paper and then put the egg carton in a box with shredded paper. The seller did not send extras and 2 eggs were cracked upon arrival. I found two more with superficial cracks. Now I just removed 3 more all of the buff eggs. Should I ask the seller to send some replacements??

My buff Orp Broody: This is her second go around this season.
26107_chickens_006.jpg

My Bantam or small hen Black Broody. She went broody last year and hatched 14 chicks!!!

26107_chickens_007.jpg

Hey, how is everyone doing? Yesterday I got a little nervous when I saw that the turner was at the same position that it was at yesterday. I checked it later on and was relieved to see that it was still woking. I suppose I check them at the same time every day, so I don't get to see them in another position. Go figure!
barnie.gif
Anyways, I just wanted to see how things are going with the rest of you. Adios day 6!

I tossed two more eggs yesterday that were not growing. I also saw some baby chicks moving around like crazy inside the eggs. I think I saw a heart beat. I am so attached to these little guys. I can't wait to meet my Welsummers, white orps and buff orp chickies!

Back
Top Bottom