Hatching duck eggs

Fridge eggs hatch so definitely not an issue..:frow
Doesn't matter if just put into the incubator. Just don't turn for 24 hours and Candle around 8 days to look for development..:frow
Oh, pardon my expertise in the field I guess. Not once was a claim made that fridge eggs would not hatch — as they very well may. However, it, along with improper temperature adjustments, can GREATLY impact the hatch rates.

Not hybrid but crosses
As for something that greatly unnerves me is that a false, and unnecessary, correction was made. Hybrid (the offspring of a cross of two different species or varieties) was, in fact, the word I intended to use. “Crosses” means the same thing, assuming you are referring to “cross-breed”. However, I do appreciate your willingness to try and correct me, but I was not seeking help, nor was I the one needing it in this case; rather, I was sharing advice for someone seeking help. I hope that this has helped you further your learning of common species’ breeding terms.

As for Palletto26, I apologize for interrupting your thread with slight irrelevance, but BYC’s members must work to instill the motive of the forum — to help and bring others up wherever needed.

Hope I have helped y’all!

I’m curious as well. I crossed a male Rouen with female Pekins and got black ducks with white breasts, black beams, and orange and black feet. They were the best laying ducks I ever had — but they were a hybrid.
20190711_071414.jpg
She laid it this morning, not sure if it is another double yolker.

Sometimes, if you candle just right, you can see if it is. It’s surprising how many double yolk eggs she lays.

Sometimes, if you candle just right, you can see if it is. It’s surprising how many double yolk eggs she lays.
I just tried and it looks like two yolks floating around, this time they don't appear to be fused together. I imagine that twins would hatch if it was incubated, given that it was successful, however my incubator is already full, I got some mixed chicken eggs from somebody close to me.

Most of the time, but not always, double yolk eggs that are incubated result in a dead embryo. The reason for this is that sometimes the yolks are smaller, meaning there is not as much nutrition for the normal genetics they have. The offspring (if they hatch) are smaller and tend to be weaker — often needing assistance when hatching.

It would be neat to try, however, and see if you could get them to hatch. It is a rarity.

Young Birds tend to lay double yolks till the laying machine matures. Not good to try hatching them. I successfully hatched one and didn't even know it was a double yolk because I never candled really during incubation..I ended up with less shells than Chicks..

Young Birds tend to lay double yolks till the laying machine matures. Not good to try hatching them. I successfully hatched one and didn't even know it was a double yolk because I never candled really during incubation..I ended up with less shells
Young Birds tend to lay double yolks till the laying machine matures. Not good to try hatching them. I successfully hatched one and didn't even know it was a double yolk because I never candled really during incubation..I ended up with less shells than Chicks..
I watched a YouTube video of somebody hatching out twins once

I’m curious as well. I crossed a male Rouen with female Pekins and got black ducks with white breasts, black beams, and orange and black feet. They were the best laying ducks I ever had — but they were a hybrid.
I am about to let my pair accumulate a clutch and see if she sits on them, she has built a nest that she lays an egg in every day that i have been collecting every time, starting tomorrow morning I will stop gathering them and see if she sits on them once she has collected enough, hopefully she will, I am very anxious to see what the babies will look like.

Back
Top Bottom