Hatching easter eggers

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DLS, Oct 12, 2008.

1. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a lady that says she is over run with easter eggers They are firtile and free,. I sell my eggs...... . so........ . will these chickens make eggs big enough to sell? I don't want to hatch out some birds that will just be a bunch of feed crunchers. & no eggs to sell:|

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    It probably depends on what they have in them, since EEs are mixes, but mine lay large eggs almost every day. They are the size of large eggs from the store and sometimes bigger! If you don't want them, send them to me!!! [​IMG]

3. thegoogers

thegoogers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Cleveland, TN
    How big are the eggs that she gave you? Do you think they are adequate size?

I am hatching EE too [​IMG] Put them in the bator on Friday.

I am not being sarcastic so please don't take my question that way...but I would ASSUME if they had been laying for a while the eggs she gave you would be approx. the size eggs they would lay FOR you.

Make sense? I hope [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ~Natasha

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    EE eggs are huge! provided they are standard sized chickens. I think you would have no problems selling them. People get the biggest kick out of the colored eggs. I had 2 hens over the winter and would mix their eggs with banty eggs and give them to my clients, They just loved them!

5. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    It probably depends on what they have in them, since EEs are mixes, but mine lay large eggs almost every day. They are the size of large eggs from the store and sometimes bigger! If you don't want them, send them to me!!! [​IMG]

6. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I cannot speak for all easter eggers, but the new EE I have laying is laying bigger than my RIR and she lays daily. The biggest benefit I have noticed the EE pen seems to eat less food (mine are much smaller in size, not sure if all are since they are a mixed breed) than my other pen of RIR and Blk Australorp. I would have to get them for the looks on the customers faces, they want those eggs. In fact I am going to let my cuckoo marans roo mix with the easter eggers to have olive eggers to sell.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by