Hatching egges

NervousNelly

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 16, 2013
I came home from work this morning and I have two little ones in my incubator..Yea! I have a total of 22 eggs in there. The two are moving the other eggs all over the place. Will that hurt the ones that are pipping? When should I take out the shells? Help im new at this. This is my first hatching.

hi, you can leave the new chicks in for a maximum of 48 hrs, but i tend to leave them about 12 as long as they're all fluffed up

just be REALLY fast when you open the incubator as you'll lose precious humidity
i have a spray bottle of warm water at the ready....open the bator, spray the eggs lightly, and scoop the chicks out practically at the same time....you literally want the bator open 2 or 3 seconds!

then just as you're putting the chicks in your brooder box, gently dip their beaks in the food and water so they know where it is

good luck with the rest of your hatch
smile.png

The two that are hatched are rolling the other eggs all over the bator. Will that hurt them? several are already pipping?

sorry, i went off line!

no, the chicks won't hurt the unhatched eggs,unless they happen to fall asleep on top of them, and then they could potentially suffocate the chicks inside the eggs

if the hatched chicks are fluffy, take them out as fast as you can, but LIGHTLY spray the eggs before you lift the chicks out

dont worry about the egg shells that the chicks have already come out of just yet...you can leave them in there

if you take too long with the bator open,ie more than 10 seconds, you risk shrink wrapping the unhatched chicks x

Back
Top Bottom