Hatching Eggs By The Moon Thread

Makes sense to me, as the full moon can play a powerful role in when an expectant human mother will go into labour. When I was pregnant with my little boy, my midwife had 3 clients, one due on the 17th, one due on the 22nd (me) and one due on the 27th. Well along came the full moon on the 22nd and all three of us went into labour. The midwives were busy that weekend! I asked her about it and she said it happens all the time.

when I first read this thread I was bummed because I had eggs shipped and figured I'd just have to set 'em when I got 'em. Well, lucky me, they arrived in time for me to set today
smile.png
Thanks for posting these dates.

Oh snap, I just realized today is the 9th - not the 8th. Well, maybe next time.

Last edited:
Quote:
I candled mine yesterday at 12 days and discarded 14 out of 32, the other 18 are looking good. These eggs were shipped from quite a distance and the box had taken a couple hard licks so not surprising.

I feel pretty good about getting 10-12 biddies barring any disasters.

so far i have 12 hatched and 3 eggs are left but they will hatch cause 2 i can see have pipped holes and the 1 hasn't quite made a hole but the shell is cracked i have 5 in the bator and 7 in the tub brooder so far as i can tell i have 1 BR,2 RSL roos,1 RSL hen,1 WR,3 RIR i cant tell what the others are yet they are still wet

okay here are my babys ^_^

92874_100_0201.jpg

92874_100_0202.jpg

92874_100_0203.jpg

92874_100_0205.jpg
and here is the lazy RSL hen who does not want to hatch out
92874_100_0204.jpg

im not worried about her since she has pipped hole and is breathing but the bator stinks and i really dont want her to breath in that smell for longer than she should

and the count of chicks if the one ever hatchs will be 15 chicks so i will have 100% hatch ^_^

I have 1 BR,4 RIR,1 WR,1 Amber,1 RSL roo,6 RSL hens 5 hatched and the one in the egg still is a RSL i can see her feathers

im going to lose a chick he/she is dying i can tell about the 4th day is when the sickly ones die off it was this one

92874_100_0201.jpg
the golden looking one above the white chick with the red stripes god its too bad he/she was really pretty but 14 out of 15 aint bad i still have 95% hatch

Back
Top Bottom