Hatching eggs Day 22

ShelleyMae

Hatching
Sep 11, 2019
Hi everyone.

I am after some advice. Please help me if you can.

I am new to keeping chicken this year and one of my girls went broody so I decided to treat her to some shipped fertile eggs. If she wants chicks who am I to deny her

The eggs arrived and I let them rest for 24 hours and put them under her 7am 21/08/19. She was doing so well at sitting until 4 days till hatch day and lost interest. I’m not 100% how long she was off the eggs but they are now in an incubator heat set at 37.5C and humidity at 70% as the manual advised.

What should I do now? There is no external piping or sound coming from the eggs. We candled them last night and we didn’t notice any air pocket. Should I give them another 24 hours? Or open an egg?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Are the eggs developed? Shipped eggs can be tricky, and sometimes none if them hatch even in the best case scenario. But maybe since since got off the nest they are just a bit behind.

Are the eggs developed? Shipped eggs can be tricky, and sometimes none if them hatch even in the best case scenario. But maybe since since got off the nest they are just a bit behind.
When we candles I think the egg looked developed. All darkness inside. Maybe I should give them another 24 hours. Thank you

I would give them a little bit more time. I have read on here some have had chicks not hatch until day 25. Also You may want to lower humidity to around 55% (this was suggested to me when I had chicks fully develop but not hatch.

Back
Top Bottom