1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching eggs from hens that were on corid?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BaileyMChicks, Dec 11, 2015.

1. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Hi I found a nest of 8 eggs that were layed rather recently, because when I cracked open 3 of them they were completely fine, and I checked it about a month ago and there wasn't any eggs there. Anyways I recently treated my chickens with Corid for cocci, but I'm pretty sure that's not what they had. Anyways I started treating them on Saturday, and they were done last Thursday. So there is a possibility that the corid was still in her system when she layed some of the eggs. I was wondering if it is ok for me to hatch some of the eggs, because I heard that it' s ok to eat the eggs when treating them with corid, but I don't know if it's ok to hatch the eggs out. I really want to hatch some of them because they are from my mottled houdan, and she has only layed one egg before in 2 years, so I would really like to hatch them. I just don't want them to end up with birth defects or something because of the corid. If there's a high chance of birth defects or something bad happening because of the corid then I'm not doing it. I just would really like to know soon. Thanks.

2. BaileyMChicks

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Anybody?

3. BaileyMChicks

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Never mind. I posted something about this in a different thread and the person said it was fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by