Hatching Eggs from Urch/Turnland

kc.h

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 19, 2008
I was wondering if anyone has purchased hatching eggs from Duane Urch of Urch/Turnland. I have heard very good things about his stock, but was hoping that someone might have first or second had experience with their eggs.
I am debating getting day old chicks from Ideal or Welp or hatching eggs from Urch. And while I want the better quality, I am nervous about risking a low hatch rate when I could have a relatively sure thing with sexed day old chicks.
Any thought or advise on the matter?
Thanks,
Kaci

I did!! Last spring I ordered a dozen RIR eggs and I got the highest hatch rate from him. I hatched 10 out 12, which is pretty darn great for shipped eggs. Highly recommend him. He's a sweetie, too, very generous with his knowledge.

Last edited:
I ordered chickes and got them last week they been awesome.
I suggest you get them.

I haven't, but I've actually bought birds from Duane Urch (D'Uccles). He's a nice guy, very knowledgeable and was great talking to the kids about what made the pet quality ones pet quality and the others more. (They, of course, chose the more expensive ones, not the $1 pet quality ones that he was selling at the sale at the time!
gig.gif
)

Thank you all for your help. Duane Urch doesn't have a website but if you call him he will quickly mail you a list of breeds and prices. You can find his info at http://www.ansci.umn.edu/poultry/resources/hatcheries.htm#mn, under Minnesota. I think I'll end up getting some chicks from Ideal for laying and then, because I can not resist I'll get some eggs from Urch/Turnland. Thanks again.

I ordered both eggs and chicks from Urch for many years, although not recently. He is completely reliable, and if something happens that you don't get a good hatch, I assume he still replaces them at nominal cost.

Most of my orders came through from Minnesota to Texas and Arizona in perfect conditiion.

Not easy to reach by phone, but I guess the best time is still 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Central time.

He is an all-around good guy -- salt-of-the-earth Midwestern stock!

I just sent a check to Duane for hatching eggs - my first order. Assuming they are available, how soon should I expect to receive them?

Back
Top Bottom