Hatching Eggs in NH

Looking for hatching eggs near us instead of ordering them from a hatchery. We don't have an incubator yet but we are ordering it soon. Hatching eggs to us just helps us insure none of our flock gets accidentally sick from bringing in new birds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We're in southern NH
Where are you located?

I live near Concord and have Delaware or Delaware mix (x Isa brown or x rir) hatching eggs available :) I'll also have Cemani eggs later this year

Do you have any pure Delaware hatching eggs available? Can you tell me what your birds are like? Average weight and lay per year?

Thank you,
Rachel

Do you have any pure Delaware hatching eggs available? Can you tell me what your birds are like? Average weight and lay per year?

Thank you,
Rachel

I do locally. My girls lay rather well and haven't slowed for the winter. They are all quite friendly, especially one of them (washington) who even hatched out her own chicks in the fall (and my hens aren't even a year old yet!).
Here are a couple of the girls, we have 4 total laying:
20210126_091106.jpg

My rooster, Richard Nixon, is a BIG boy and a brat. He isn't a nice rooster, but his son Archie is (so far). He is quite large and pretty though. The girls have been pecking at his comb and chest so he is a bit messy right now. He is VERY good at keeping his ladies well bred 😂
Here he is:
20210126_091056.jpg

Not sure what they weigh, but they are heavier and bulkier than my isa browns and especially the cemanis.

Here is an unflattering photo of Nixon's children lol:
20210126_090916.jpg

And, last picture, our latest delaware chick from them (Georgette) ;)
20210126_094340.jpg

Thank you for replying and showing me pictures of your beautiful chickens. They look very nice. Would you be willing to try mailing me a dozen eggs? And what would you charge?

Blessings,
Rachel

Thank you for replying and showing me pictures of your beautiful chickens. They look very nice. Would you be willing to try mailing me a dozen eggs? And what would you charge?

Blessings,
Rachel
I won't be able to try mailing any eggs until after my flock is state tested in march, sorry! If you are still interested after that then please feel free to get in touch again :)

I will look forward to being in touch with you sometime in March then. Please feel free to let me know when you are done with the testing. I'll check back with you later.

Gratefully,
Rachel

Back
Top Bottom