1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hatching Eggs shipping label

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Guitartists, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I made this label to use for future egg shipments. I plan to use it on all 4 sides of the box and maybe one on the top. Any suggestions for improvements? Also, feel free to use this image also.

[​IMG]

2. barnwife

barnwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    central Texas
    VERY nice!! You should print it out a thousand times over!

Thank-you!

3. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Excellent! I know some say not to put a label on it, but when i got my eggs in the mail there was one on the box. Because of this my local po put one of their own on so that the carrier would keep it in front with him and make sure someone was home before leaving it. I do think it can help.

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Indeed... even though I'm sure there are jerks out there who will mistreat a box... I think the majority of postal workers, IF informed to the contents of the box, will take special precautions when handling and transporting the package. And I think even some box destroyers will maybe even think twice if they know it is a living thing and not just a fragile item.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Very nice! But the term "Hatching Eggs" make them think they're hatching right now. My PO was in a tizzy about it, [​IMG] So what about "Eggs For Hatching"?

Love the graphics, btw!

6. EricShane

EricShane Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    SouthWestern Ohio
    Quote:right, commen people who dont know anything about chickens would think the same thing.. lol..

as in 'eggs are hatching right now' kinda thing! LOL

7. justpete

justpete Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Southern NH
    Quote:A similar thing happened to me.
    My 9 year old daughter answered the phone it was the post office calling
    to say they had my hatching eggs.

My daughter took it that they had my eggs hatching.
    When I got home from work she was frantic worrying about the poor chicks. [​IMG]

8. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    that what my po thought, he said you can only send live animal express! [​IMG] . after a talk he let them go priority. [​IMG]

9. Wild Chicken

Wild Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    West Michigan
    Live embryos works well.

10. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Guitartists, I copied it to a Word document, but I can't figure out how to edit the text to read "eggs for hatching" rather than "hatching eggs" - can you or someone clue me in on how to change? Thanks! This is GREAT!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by