Hatching eggs -which way is right

How interesting!! I never knew this. I will have to check this out. Usually once my eggs go in the fridge, they're there for eating, not hatching. Those stay on the counter till they're ready
The part about the pointy end up in the refrigerator is for eating eggs. The part about pointy end up for hatching eggs is for storage in a cool, humid area and does not require turning the eggs.

I currently have a few eggs in incubator ill hatch some point down in a carton and the other half on a side to try it both ways. I appreciate input you guys :)

only if keeping in storage longer than 10 days....

If you MUST store longer than 10 days...
"When eggs were stored in the small-end-up position for 2 to 4 weeks, it was, NOT beneficial to turn them daily as had been previously demonstrated to be advantageous for eggs stored small-end-down."
CONCLUSIONS: ABSTRACT CLICK HERE
"When eggs were held in storage, the small-end-up pack position without turning, their hatchability was equal to or better than that of eggs packed small-end-down. When eggs were stored in the small-end-up position for 2 to 4 weeks, it was, not beneficial to turn them daily as had been previously demonstrated to be advantageous for eggs stored small-end-down. Thus, the inconvenience and expense of daily turning can be avoided without loss. Evidence is also provided that hatchability was equally good whether eggs were stored on their sides and turned through 180° daily or stored small-end-up without positional change."

TIP: Use your turners during storage!

Help incubator 120 eggs got 11 eggs hatch the babies are alive inside but can't get out no oystershell given no vaporlocked previous hatch120 17lived humidity 60+entire incubation temp 99.1 f 39.5c I've tried helping them but have horrible luck with surviving after I intervein I'm so confused why they are alive but can't come out high fertility in eggs just no hatching.

Help incubator 120 eggs got 11 eggs hatch the babies are alive inside but can't get out no oystershell given no vaporlocked previous hatch120 17lived humidity 60+entire incubation temp 99.1 f 39.5c I've tried helping them but have horrible luck with surviving after I intervein I'm so confused why they are alive but can't come out high fertility in eggs just no hatching.
I think you would get more help if you started a new thread.I

If you are keeping your humidity at 60+ for the entire incubation, that is why you are having problems. That is way too high. It should only be that high for the final three days.

Here are some good instructions on incubating: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...lly-sunshine-shipped-eggs-no-problem.1046313/

Back
Top Bottom